Sweet autumn Clematis

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have more seeds available if you want a great smelling climber. Just send me a self-addressed-stamped-envelope.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Are they pretty easy to raise from seed? I have a horrible track record with seedlings... :/ If you think you can trust me with some ;) I'll send you a SASE if you PM me.

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would think at least SOME will sprout! The seeds did here as soon as they hit the ground! I'll send plenty. :throw

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is it too hot to try and start them here in Texas (99 here today)? I would REALLY like to try some so I suppose if it's too hot now I can always store them until February....

If you still have some to spare I'll send a SASE :)

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have PLENTY! I would think as long as they are moist, they will be fine. I'll PM you my addy.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would love to get some seeds from you.
I could send you some seeds along with my SASE.
I have a small collection of dif. seeds.

Thanks; :cool: injunjoe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Isn't it the oddest thing. I have tried for years and years to start a clematis from seed. I have visited more websites imaginable to get tips and notes and most times I followed each example perfectly.

Oh the elusive Clematis!

So, let me ask, you say that the seedlings sprout as soon as the seeds hit the ground? Is it possible that the seeds have a very short germination window after leaving the parent plant?

It never occurred to me that the time it took for someone to gather seeds (could be a season's first blooms set seed but later in the season), send them to a long-distance address, receive them, and then prepare them in soil--that it actually may be too long and they are failed by then; I wonder?

I am very interested in hearing everyone's results when they get seeds. My track record for trying has been exhausted, but I still think I am missing some key ingredient to my past plantings and I would love to make a breakthrough.

Ron

Latest posts