SweetMissDaisy's Part of the World!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tricky, ain't I . . ;)?

Now that I've got our Texas/Louisiana gardeners' attention (and anyone else wanting to see an "early spring," I'll tell you that that it is her Dad's neighbor's pictures Imma gonna show ya :cool:. If you'd like to take a look :). It is the very opposite of an "early spring!"

Remember that SweetMissDaisy is from up in this part of the country! Remember when she shared her visit to her Dad's home (& turkey feeding operation)? (click)

Her Dad's neighbor is a professional photographer. He lives just south of Oldtown, Idaho - almost in the city but off highway 41. Daisy will know where that is. He and her Dad can get together for breakfast sometime :p.

Anyway, I'm just in from shoveling snow . . . Thistle' is probably still out there on her way to the horse barn . . . During our last snowstorm, this fellow says he finished with his video. The first scenes, not the last, are from that storm. He did travel around a bit for the rest of it. It is very pretty - turn your speakers on and click the full screen button down in the right corner of the screen . . .

http://vimeo.com/37070013

Steve ;)

You can see more of his pictures here: http://benchasephoto.com

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that really is beautiful! I am awfully glad I didn't see any roads covered in snow like that, this year! Actually snowing right now- an unusual event!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was glad to be sitting safely in a warm house watching that, and not living it! I didn't get to see it all because my internet speed isn't fast enough, but I got the jist of it. Beautiful!

Lesa what do you mean, snow is unusual in February in NY?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, this has been the strangest "winter" in history... Generally, at the end of October I put away my outside plastic chicken waterer, and use the metal one (with heat under it) in the coop. This year- I have used the outside plastic one, nearly everyday. Not only have we not had snow, we haven't had many freezing daytime temps! We have plowed a hand full of times, normally we plow close to everyday! I am not complaining (I hate winter), but this is getting down right spooky...

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha! What a funny intro for this thread! :)
Supposed to hit 81 (or warmer, according to the jabberjaw on the news) today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thought that it might help keep things a little cooler there in:

"a HOT zone 8"

Still, I don't suppose all that ice and snow would make you toooo nostalgic.

Funny, I know someone who grew up there on the other side of the hill from your dad. She has spent the last few decades in central Wyoming! What is wrong with some people!?

Mean Streak digitS'
who loves picking on the neighbors. haven't you all figured that out by now?