Swine Flu

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So two of my three kids have it. That sucks. But so far only the 13 and the 2 year old. Not me, the 4 yr old or my H. It started as a headache and went to a really high fever. The 13 yearold has it work than the 2 year old.
I is not as scary as it seems. I don't think they are any more sick than the average flu. But I don't want to trivialize it.
The worst part is the Tamiflu is the medicine they are prescibing for it. And they want the whole family treated. The cost was $45 bucks each. I couldn't afford it for everybody but I got all the kids. And now I am just hoping I or DH don't get it. The cost was so exorbinate because it was the Tamiflu plus all the other cold stuff which adds up, the tylenol, motrin, mucinex, children and adults, doctor co pay. I am so broke now.

Anyway. just wanted to give a heads up on what it will cost to get sick this year. oh and I have really good insurace.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so sorry you guys are all sick with this flu
we are preparing at work as soon as the testing is done on the serum ..we will offer the immunizations ...right now I get call after call about it and we have none ..it seems like people think I am not telling the truth ..I say watch our webpage and it will be on there as soon as we have it. I have been yelled at ..sworn at ..and it is getting very tiring to be nice every day about something I have no control over!!!

but the whole country is only getting 46 million dosages and we can only immunize very high risk groups first ..people are already upset about that .I want to make everyone safe ..but cant ..good handwashing and staying away from sick people ..stay home if you are sick ...do not eat at pot lucks right now at all!

..I am glad you guys are doing well and sorry you are broke you are right all that stuff costs so freaking much money! it should be free considering how much a hospital stay would be if you got really sick

best wishes when it is over you will be done with it if that makes any sense ..all the apprehension will be gone

the media has everyone in a panic state when really we should just talk about how to not spread it

take good care!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are definately trying to stay away from people. I have been working from home even though I am not sick but because I can carry it. I don't want to infect people. We got to many pregnant people at work and people with little kids. My productivity however is plumiting. I hope my boss doesn't expect much from me this week. I have been too busy in the garden.... shhh don't tell.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wow...obsessed... that is horrible!

I'm a little worried here myself and wondering about my daughter who was super sick with me all last week. We finally got to feeling better on saturday, just a little run down. She started getting another running nose on tuesday, thought it was from being sick or allergies because nothing else was bothering her.

Then this morning she's massively sick again?! Cough, sneezing, stuffed up nose and crying for mommy at 7:30am! (That is WAY early for us)

No fever yet, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.... I assume virus is a virus and we have to nurture it out!?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
We are definately trying to stay away from people. I have been working from home even though I am not sick but because I can carry it. I don't want to infect people. We got to many pregnant people at work and people with little kids. My productivity however is plumiting. I hope my boss doesn't expect much from me this week. I have been too busy in the garden.... shhh don't tell.
I would never tell gardening is the best form of healthcare on the planet :)

when I call in "sick" it is because I am gardening for my own mental health! I am just sorry you are really dealing with illness this time just calling out is fine doing it because you have to is not the most fun so thank goodness you have the garden!

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh no so sorry for everyone not feeling well! They do say that this swine flu isnt as bad as the hype, but it still must be miserable for you!:hugs

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
so sorry to hear about that, flu is yucky no matter the name its given .. be careful and hope everyone gets well soon.

Latest posts