Tahitian Tiare Gardenias

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Spring everyone!!! My two Tahitian Gardenias arrived yesterday in the mail..... nice healthy plants.....I can't wait until they start blooming.... The fragrance from these flowers has a smell unlike anything I've ever grown before. I was introduced to them in Hawai'i and have always wanted to have some....now I do. Anyone else know much about these or have any? Happy Planting!!!!:) Rusty
7566_scent-works_2115_3021084.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely! Are you keeping in the greenhouse? I can almost smell it from here!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Lesa.....I'm keeping them in my sun room...along with the Plumerias, Confederate Jasmines, and Spanish Oleanders. They'll all go out once we get warm weather......and then back inside for the Winter. Still no leaves on the trees here....just big buds. In the 30's at night.....colder than normal Spring this year. I hope everyone else is having good luck getting things planted and growing nicely..... I'm ordering some Vanilla Orchids for fresh Vanilla pods.... I need to do some more reading on them. Can't wait to get Dahlias planted also.... :)

flgardengirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My gardenias are just starting to flower here. Nothing like the scent of gardenias!!

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow - that's beautiful! I wish I could find some of those around here.

Do they overwinter the same as "regular" gardenias?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have your every day run of the mill Gardenias... yours look FABULOUS!!! Congrats!

Let us know how the vanilla bean orchids go... I have my eye on some myself. ;)

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have the regular rose shaped blossom Gardenias as well....and they have a wonderful smell.....BUT...they don't hold a candle to the frangrance of the Tahitian Tiares..... I'm going to put some blooms in Coconut Oil....it's supposed to perfume the oil....can't wait! Still no leaves out on the trees here....tons of big buds....no leaves.... cooler here today....supposed to be in the low 30's again tonight. My best to all, Rusty

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, I couldn't imagine my temps being so low. Everything is already green and my gardenias are blooming as well as my roses and honeysuckle. It's crazy growing here!!!

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
flgardengirl said:
My gardenias are just starting to flower here. Nothing like the scent of gardenias!!
Hey flgardengirl, how are the daturas and brugs coming this year? I got a varigated leaf with peach blooms from Ace in Orange Park yesterday. Nice bushy 3' plant for $15. I already have two nice brugs started in the outdoor garden, and a double purple datura. No blooms yet. I hope one of them is the brug that's cream with pink edges. What colors do you have this year?

You might remember me from BYC, I live on the westside in Jax.

Latest posts