Taking my "plunge" down under...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of solar companies going full tilt right now. My neighbor jus got it -it takes 6 weeks fort the utility co to hook it up after installation. It sure looks like she has too many lost trees to me. We had a company come yesterday-they start with a system designer-our roof pitch is too great. I fear there are less honest companies that will install it anyway just to get the sale. There are many programs. Rent to own, rent straight out. All things to reduce the outlay of cash. Wonder who then gets the tax credits. We shall see just started the investigation. We have gas water heat which is very cheap. As low as $32 dollars a month. Our electricity is crazy.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975, solar is certainly something I would be looking into if my rates were high. It is still on the back burner for the garden shed and coop.

Here is a picture of today's work on the geo system.
geo work123.JPG
The two workers are filling the bore holes with a grout to seal the hole from debris and vermin as well as to hold the tubes in place. Someone from the Department of Natural Resources stopped by to see that the work was progressing according to DNR rules and ended up working to help resolve a problem of "dropping" a pipe down into one of the holes.

Poor lady (wife?) in purple was totally wiped out by the day's work. I know how things are done, but if I were her I would learn to drive the bobcat. The man sat in the machine while she was left to tug and pull and play in the muck.

Last edited:

Latest posts