Tea

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
All of those sound great, except I haven't try verbena yet, but my very favorite is Sage tea. My mom and grandma introduced it to us and my sisters and I love it. :drool It is supposed to be a mild diuretic though, so be aware! Lovely flavor and it doens't make you think of dressing at all, I promise!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
I use a pot with a strainer insert. The leaves go in the insert then when the tea has brewed you can take it out of the pot. I also use a stainer over my cup when I use loose leaves in my regular pot.
I have one of those also and they're great when you want more than one cup of tea.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
I use a pot with a strainer insert. The leaves go in the insert then when the tea has brewed you can take it out of the pot. I also use a stainer over my cup when I use loose leaves in my regular pot.
Canadians have a much better understanding of tea than the vast majority of Americans (inventors of instant coffee :sick).

It probably wouldn't even have occurred to a Canadian :th to use a microwave to make tea.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
. . . I use ice tea powder and drink it hot)
Tea powder :ep!!

All my preconceived notions have been shaken to their foundations . . .

What's next?? No, No! Don't tell me.

S'

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
jojo54 said:
. . . I use ice tea powder and drink it hot)
Tea powder :ep!!

All my preconceived notions have been shaken to their foundations . . .

What's next?? No, No! Don't tell me.

S'
We use the powdered sweeted ice tea mix because we don't drink cold tea as iced tea. It is always a big shock to a Canadian to order ices tea for the first time in the US and get cold tea with ice in it instead of the mixed stuff we're used to at home.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you order iced tea in the South it comes with enough sugar to rot your teeth.

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hoodat said:
If you order iced tea in the South it comes with enough sugar to rot your teeth.
So it is cold tea with sugar already added? They must add it when its still warm or else ist is hard to dissolve in the cold tea.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
hoodat said:
So it is cold tea with sugar already added? They must add it when its still warm or else ist is hard to dissolve in the cold tea.
Yes they add the sugar when it's still warm but it has ice in it when served. They drink it mainly when the weather gets really hot.. It takes a little getting used to.

Latest posts