Technology

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Those tools and teams and teamsters: how many do you suppose 1 guy on a Caterpillar D8 replaces?

Steve
Yes, on that job, but think of all the people required to design. make the parts and assemble that D8, not to mention the folks in the refinery making fuel and lubricants. Than there's anti-freeze, and you can't breed D8's so they aren't self-replicating. A D8 can't find it's way to the barn and unlike the D8, a horses treads don't slip.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wallp, I wuz gonna mention something about, ok, maybe James Watt wuznt so dumb, he wuz talkinbout shetland ponies as horses per horsepower, and how, maybe that should be written on all those tags on hotrods

The newfangled super vipermustangvette V8 3500 cc, whatever that is in cubic inches, 412 SHETLAND PONY horsepower

Butaneeway, I fergot all about that stuff while I wuz reading about it hitting the fan in ridgebackland when ole bob and painter took off on their own impatient accord while papa ridge was busy talking, and took the kids on a hair raising ride.

Kinda reminded me of some novel I read years ago that was just one roller coaster ride after another! Made me fergit all the other stuff!

More stories like that Ridge!

Latest posts