TEG loading slowly?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sure has been for me this morning.

You know, one of these days Rob is likely to change to a new server and, with that, will probably come a new format for TEG forums. There may not be any choice for him. I hope we can all adjust to that.

I wonder if the new BYC members have any real frustrations with the new format on that forum. I don't see it as a "terrible" experience. It was a change and seemed totally unnerving to some! "Shake it off, guys."

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think it is slow almost everywhere online. i kept trying to get onto the Bean website and it was taking forever to load most of the stuff he had listed. it never worked that slow for me when i checked it months ago! and i went to post something earlier and it booted me out and didn't post what i had typed. :(

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I didn't like the new BYC format, and basically quit reading the forums there as a result. :(

But yes, I was noticing some slow loading (or not loading at all) over the weekend.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It also gets slow for me, again, I blamed it on my server as other sites loaded slower as well. Agree that I don't like BYC site as well anymore but change is inevitable.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
joz said:
I didn't like the new BYC format, and basically quit reading the forums there as a result. :(

But yes, I was noticing some slow loading (or not loading at all) over the weekend.
Hey Joz, what was it about the format that you didn't like so much? Just curious.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still spend a lot of time on BYC but my two biggest complaints since they changed format is that the back button does not work and I cant type of edit very well. I have to go to Word to type something, then do a paste.

Some examples of typing or editing problems are that a keystroke may show up later than it was intended. I have to type very slowly if I stay there. Or if I highlight something to bold or put it in italics, strange things happen.

I understand why Rob changed it and Ive learned to cope with the changes. Ill admit I was frustrated until I figured out work-arounds.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
If change is inevitable as in evolution, why must it go backwards from what it was and working ? Are we then headed back to inkdye with a feather pen on papyrus ?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The platform BYC was on couldn't handle the growth. It had to change. The forum just got too big. Rob got a lot of people to test the new platform anbd debug it before it came out but you can't catch everything.

We're so small here it hasn't been necessary or worth the effort.