Telethon for homeless people

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
While in Texas I met several men "who fainted earlier in the day with no money for food" and "a job starting tomorrow". Strange how all three had nearly the same story. I asked one his name and said I would pray for him. Not what he wanted to hear, but I still hold Cortney and his friends in my prayers. Didn't give them any money, though.

On the other hand, one sweet older lady was pleased to 'help me out' with information about how Grands and I could get assistance with food, clothes, and shelter while we waited for the train. I slipped her a five when I shook her hand as the train arrived. How could I not after all her selfless concern for me and mine?

I realize there are a lot of worthwhile charities in the world, but everything I donate to is right here in my city where I can see them helping. I firmly believe that charity begins at home and the closer to home the help is, the more funds are able to be used to help. Feel the FEDS should get out of the charity and assistance business and leave it to States and Counties so money doesn't have to filter back down the pipeline. So much evaporation of funds that way.

I gift the local Humane Society, but far more of my help goes to really help humans than to the humane treatment of animals.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's always a good idea to look into just how your donations get disbursed.
Goodwin-Quote-Image.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably a vegan himself and has no problem forcing the rest of mankind to join the vegan revolution. Me? I've still got my canine teeth. That's a sure sign our Maker wanted us to wisely use both plants and animals for nutrition.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Humane Society of the United States takes in an enormous amount of donations. Their agenda is not rescuing animals.

'From 2007 to 2011, their public policy spending steadily rose from $21.2 million to $62.9 million a year, an overall increase of more than $40 million. That’s a staggering 50 percent increase in just 5 short years.'....

'If recent trends continue, HSUS will continue to focus their spending on their ultimate goals to “end all animal agriculture” and to “stop all hunting in the United States”. American farmers, ranchers, and sportsmen are under attack from America’s wealthiest radical animal rights group, the Humane Society of the United States.'

http://protecttheharvest.com/2013/02/28/five-year-audit-of-the-humane-society-of-the-united-states/

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep. They rake in enormous amounts of money in my location, not to mention grants and aids into the many tens of thousands each year. They are very militant about regulating how people can or cannot keep their animals(can't keep them outdoors in the winter or you WILL lose your dog) and cause no end of trouble to everyone living in their counties.

They also tend to give animals to those who shouldn't ever have an animal in all their lives~nor children~ but refuse them to people who would actually care for them properly....you have to be in their little club to be able to adopt an animal. In other words, they are not in the business of helping animals but merely in the business of power and money.

I wouldn't give them a dime of money if their building was on fire. ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So why aren't they vilified like certain companies? Why aren't they exposed and attacked?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You mean those wonderful people who give their LIVES, their very LIVES, to RESCUE shivering puppies?????? How DARE you try to slander such people as these!!!!! :ep You must be a sick and twisted soul to find anything wrong with people like that!!!!

;) Yeah...it sort of goes like that.