temporary tunnel UP!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
For about 12 years, I've covered those 2 beds in the backyard from early March until late June.

It is back up - the plastic tunnel. Got the door framed but the opening for the window needs to be cut in the plastic film. I'm sure there's no need for it for a few days.

DD says, "Now, you won't need that tunnel in Ken's yard, right?"

I finished the shed by putting on a gutter yesterday. Soon as it is a little dryer, I'll need to be moving raised beds to where the plastic will cover them, under the plastic film extending out from the shed. "Nope, I need all the protected growing I can get! Even a good fence would help in some of the gardens!"

"Oh." This is a young person who has lived here her entire life. Also, someone who said she was tired because "it is later than the clock says." I guess she really was tired ;). Best I know, all she and DW were doing today was going out to get their hair done.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, yipppeee! It can't be long now right?
DH and I were discussing plans for a hoop house today to grow the tomatoes in. I'm getting excited!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Twice, Thistle', the tunnel has collapsed under a March snowstorm . . .

The 2nd time -- it really surprised me! No, it isn't a very strong structure but I had tried to learn from its earlier discombobulation!

If I can just get things straightened around in Ken's yard; I'll be able to toss one up there. He has framed beds but, of the 4 of them, 3 are in the wrong places! Shovel them out and move the frames, then refill. I'd really like the soil to dry a little 1st! Oh well, at least I'll have a couple days to rest up while it rains . . .

Steve

Latest posts