Tennessee

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi, I reside in side area of the beautiful plateau area of northern middle Tennessee. We are next to KY border in the eastern part of middle TN. I am a retired school teacher that had a few things she wanted to do once retired, own chickens, bees, and do more gardening. I got so many chickens had problem doing the other, ha! We do have 3 bee hives with slow results, 60 chickens now (down from a couple hundred), small orchard, and a garden that my mother worked much more than myself. My husband of almost 3 years helps me with my addictions/obsessions and he does it with a smile most of the time.

I have all these gardening things I want to do but have problems getting them done. My body doesn't do well in the heat so this year has kept me inside most of the time. Insomnia has kept me in bed too late to get up before it gets too hot. SO, I am working on getting these things under control so NEXT SEASON will be better.

We have 4 acres with a small orchard we started last year, garden site, chicken pens, large yard, and a large pond being dug next week. I guess we are doing pretty good considering we have lived here one and half years.

I am enjoying reading the forum and getting some good ideas.

SO, a big howdy from TENNESSEE!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Retiredwith4acres! :rainbow-sun Sounds like you are very busy and have accomplished much in a short time. Right now is a good time to start planning for next year and working towards that goal. Don't know much about your weather but it sounds like you can grow many things.

Hope to see pictures and hear about your progress.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Sounds like you are having a great time in retirement! We do love pictures....

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi welcome, retired!! My grandparents claim they're MUCH busier since retirement, sounds like you too!!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Eastern Wa. The state lol. Sounds like you have alot going on on your four acres. Good luck with all your projects.
P.S I get insomnia alot in the wintertime, I really hate it also, makes it hard to be productive. Cannot wait to see pics of your four acres.

Latest posts