Thai Basil

TussieMussie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have a big pot of luscious Thai basil that was given to me as a gift. Any suggestions for reciepes?

Thanks

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I use thai basil like any basil I have. I grow this and use it in dishes with chicken and beef. I also put them in my italian recipes as well because I think they have a nice strong scent with an undertone of Anise.

Go ahead and mix it with whatever you would use italian basils with.... even pesto!!

(P.s. - Thai Basil is good whole in asian stir fries as well.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love this soup but change the keffir lime leaves for lime juice it works out fine! and add a big handful of the basil

http://www.thaitable.com/Thai/recipes/Tom_Yum_Goong.htm

also check out recipes for thai curries they use a lot of fresh basil ..even if they dont you can add some

you can buy really good thai curry paste to make the curries easier

but if you have a lot of basil you may want to try to make your own green curry paste

I can find a recipe if you like but it is another one you can just do a search for there are tons of Thai and SE Asian recipes and recipe sites online

I put it in ice tea as well it makes a great drink!

also review back to Hatties post on unusual cakes there is a lemon poppyseed recipe with basil in it I bet yours would work perfectly to highlight the flavors of the basil!

Latest posts