The Baby Is Here!!!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes she is. 6/20/2013 at 05:47am Quinn Ellen arrived into the world. 7lbs even. Apparently being induced on the 29th was just not in the cards for this little girl. My wife had gestational diabetes and a risk of that is the baby getting too big so scheduled the induction for 39 weeks. Nope 38 on the nose was fine for her. Was a fast and furious labor wife woke me up at 2:30, had dropped off our daughter with Grandma @ 3:30, was in OB triage area at 04:05 and she was born at 05:47!

I've been on enough deliveries to know how fast a 2nd delivery can go, but wow that was fast. With our first daughter she was 26hrs of labor and delivered natural. This little one had other plans. The similarities are unbelievable. They look identical, our first was 2" longer but both were born at 7lbs even. Both had a full head of dark hair too. When we compared photos it was uncanny how much they looked alike.

She's doing great. Healthy, good appetite and sleeping soundly. We didn't find out gender with either of our children but were all convinced it was a boy. Slower heart rate, how it reacted, the problems with blood sugars, we were all pretty sure "yep that's a boy alright!" I kept saying "I'm REALLY ok if its a girl".

Dr handed our child to my wife immediately after delivery and when the Dr found out we didn't know the gender she points to the baby and says "Look at that Dad!" So assuming she was implying Hey Dad you got a son I look and realized its a girl! I'm THRILLED to have another daughter. My buddy thinks its hilarious that I have 2 daughters. He keeps teasing me about lining the road with landmines and if I've taken up judo lessons yet. I told him the judo lessons start right after sniper school.

I'm glad our house has a 3rd bathroom, and I'm already contemplating buying stock in toilet paper since we seem to never have enough of it.

Sorry I don't have any pics or posted this sooner. I'm on a work computer. No USB drive to transfer pics to, and since we moved in on the 15th we still haven't gotten internet up yet. Been a little preoccupied ;)

All in all though I thought I couldn't be more happy

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Girls are wonderful for dads!

Sure there are moments, like when that smart-aleck shows up and you ask about his intentions. "I am sure that they are about the same as yours were, sir." Remotely depoyable tire spikes at the end of the driveway will probably be available by that time ;).

Congratulations and give your DW a hug from the TEG gardeners!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats. Glad she is healthy.

I'm with you on 3rd bathroom (you get to go outside) and buying toilet paper by the semi load. Sniper practice is good but they will sneak them in when you are looking the other direction.....personally I prefer the "I won't kill you but I will make you wish you were dead......".

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Congrats. Glad she is healthy.

I'm with you on 3rd bathroom (you get to go outside) and buying toilet paper by the semi load. Sniper practice is good but they will sneak them in when you are looking the other direction.....personally I prefer the "I won't kill you but I will make you wish you were dead......".
And then there was the guy who read those 'rules for dating my daughter' to the young men - off of the baseball bat they were engraved in....;)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
What wonderful news. Congratulations to you and your family. I was blessed with all quick labor and deliveries. When you hear the horror stories of other women with 46 hour deliveries you know how fortunate your wife's experience is. You are in the best times of your life.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife! How wonderful!

I saw this on one of my friend fb the other day. This of course is only a partial list. But a good place to start anyway.

8199_rules_for_dating_my_daughter.jpg

Edited to add: my twisted sense of humor really likes #9! :lol:

Latest posts