The best Birthday gift in the world...DUW, of course.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well folks,

We did it again! We decided today that we'd make Plum Jelly! We wound up making Plum Jam, but whatever. Its the best birthday gift because once again, my grandma taught me something. Something that I will have with me forever, and can pass down to my children. You cant ask for anything better than that! And the real cool thing was I did almost everything. She cut some plums, but her arthritis makes it difficult, so I told her to sit down and just direct me. It was really awesome, and really delicious! I took plenty of pictures, of course. We ran out of lids, so we used Jam Jars that store-bought Jam comes in. My grandma put wax on the top, so they should be fine I guess. They will be the first ones we eat. We made 9.5 jars off of one tree. We have another variety getting ripe, and we hope to make a dozen or so off of that tree as well.

416.jpg

418.jpg

421.jpg

420.jpg

422.jpg

423.jpg

With a jar of Apricot Jam we made. Kinda fuzzy, but oh well!

424.jpg

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That is just wonderful. Great job Grandma! Oh, you too OEGBman.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful pics! Looks yummy! I have one question though...what in the world does DUW stand for? Have been curious for some time now. Also, ETA in a post. To us nursing folks, its estimated time of arrival.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, Laura! :D

Thanks, Beekissed! It really is yummy, I just had some on toast! DUW stands for Dial-up Warning. Its for the folks that have dial-up, its a warning not to look at my post because I have too many pics and might freeze them up. I have no idea what ETA stands for, I was hoping you were telling me! :gig

averytds

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My Favorite!!! :love :love :love

You were planning to share, right? :fl

ETA = Edited to add.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:lol: Avery! If you wanna drive on over, I'll give you a jar! ETA, I knew that, Im a dork!

Thanks, Natalie! Its actually tomorrow, but everyone is going to be working, haha. So Saturday seemed like a great time to do it. Believe me, it IS delicious!

Latest posts