The Brugs are opening!

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
gee im so glad i found this forum .. im so excited for your success broke down ranch .. and so grateful for everyones help .. i will get this 'gardening' thing .. i will i will i will ..
oh and again i love your photos!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Brugmansia are a bit later than yours, most likely because of the bed I have them in.

Mine are on the North side of my storage building; they get sun in the latest part of the day, otherwise these guys are in shade. These three plants (yeah there is only three clumps here) were placed in this bed over six years ago. Since then I take cuttings and give them away or place them in other parts of my garden.

Typically, someone from my region would say that they do not grow here, and most I move to other beds just do not make it. They will survive in pots though! So I guess I found the lucky spot on the North (Ironically the coldest in the winter...but consistent).

Here you can see my bed
34glyqo.jpg

And here is me as a size comparison (am I short or am I tall?) Obviously the lamp above my head is me having an 'idea' LOL. Some folks have lightbulbs, I have a lantern! LOL :gig
29c1f2d.jpg

you can see my buds are just now forming
2i8chsk.jpg

A dahlia sitting in front saying "what about me??" :weee
ao3jma.jpg

That's it for a few more weeks until I get blooms. I will share my blooms on your post if you do not mind. Then if you like my colors then we will make a fat Christmas card this year! LOL

My Post Office hates me after all LOL :lol:

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
My Brugmansia are a bit later than yours, most likely because of the bed I have them in.

Mine are on the North side of my storage building; they get sun in the latest part of the day, otherwise these guys are in shade. These three plants (yeah there is only three clumps here) were placed in this bed over six years ago. Since then I take cuttings and give them away or place them in other parts of my garden.

Typically, someone from my region would say that they do not grow here, and most I move to other beds just do not make it. They will survive in pots though! So I guess I found the lucky spot on the North (Ironically the coldest in the winter...but consistent).

Here you can see my bed
http://i36.tinypic.com/34glyqo.jpg

And here is me as a size comparison (am I short or am I tall?) Obviously the lamp above my head is me having an 'idea' LOL. Some folks have lightbulbs, I have a lantern! LOL :gig
http://i35.tinypic.com/29c1f2d.jpg

you can see my buds are just now forming
http://i33.tinypic.com/2i8chsk.jpg

A dahlia sitting in front saying "what about me??" :weee
http://i34.tinypic.com/ao3jma.jpg

That's it for a few more weeks until I get blooms. I will share my blooms on your post if you do not mind. Then if you like my colors then we will make a fat Christmas card this year! LOL

My Post Office hates me after all LOL :lol:

Ron
You know, I have been meaning to tell you there have been an aweful LOT of helicopters these last couple of days.... :ep :hide

Oh, and for sure I would love to swap or even if you just want some :bouquet

BTW, thanks for the pics. You are what, about 6'? We need a tape measure next to you for a size comparison for the brug size comparison... :lol:

I forgot to add - that Dahlia is a very cheery bedmate for the Brug!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are some updated pics DH and I took yesterday evening. Notice how yellow the newer blooms look compared to the ones that opened first. The older blooms are a tad bit darker this morning....

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

Latest posts