The camera is dead...-Added pics to last post!!!

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
But we got our first Lil' Loupe cantaloupe this weekend which the boys promptly devoured. It was the size of a large orange and smelled divine and tasted better! Also had an accidental acorn squash, it snapped off when I was checking it so I cooked it up and altho I think they need a bit longer it was still good. Tomatoes, zuchinni, cukes, carrots, corn...and that was just what we ate Saturday!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is nothing better than fruits and veggies from the garden! So glad the kids enjoy, as well! What zone are you growing those melons? Maybe they would be better for me, here in zone 4- I assume they are quicker to mature?

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We're in zone 3-3.5 (I'd never think I'm so lucky to be in a 4) and many ppl grow watermelons and cantaloupe...I think I dont water my melons enough but they DO grow.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are the first person to think being in zone 4, is lucky!! But, I guess all things are relative! I had some luck with watermelons this year, and I got one delicious cantaloupe! The smaller size seems like a good idea...

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yeppers the plant set more and they seem to be ripening a bit faster...but not a lot faster.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is the biggest tomato we have gotten so far this year...I am very impressed with the Cuore di Bue tomatoes, they hold their texture and flavor no matter how big they get...no mushy tomatoes here!
6215_sept2009_002.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good lord yummy!!!!!!

PLEASE save me some seeds?!!? :p

Latest posts