the death of my climbing old blush

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
she died this year suddenly. she was about 25 ft tall, tough as nails, drought tolerant, and dependable. I think it was the rose rosette virus. i'll cut her to the ground this winter & just see if anything comes back in the spring.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's such a shame BJ, so sorry. It must have been a real beauty. Is that virus soil borne?

If it was an own root rose you may see it again. Roses can be amazingly tough. I hope it comes back for you. :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
How sad. Hope she comes back in the spring. Is there anything you can do to help her along? Like adding something to the soil around the roots??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We start identifying strongly with our plants, don't we ?

Here is something that I'm dealing with that I posted this summer: Learned Something about my Rambler I'm just going to HAVE to do something about the mildew!

Once again, my ol' Rambler has made tremendous growth over the last few weeks. She is all set for 2014, except for the mildew that has spread out of the old canes into the those long new ones! That mildew is gonna get it! I've just been reading about lime-based fungicides and they are supposed to be very effective against mildew. There's no need for the "combo spray" since the bugs aren't there now and won't be for the next 6 months.

I think I might take out all of the old canes and haul them to the dump! I'll need to be careful because of all that new growth. After the Rambler is pared down, it can get a dose of fungicide and I'll explore the dormant spray use for late in the winter.

Peach curl in the peach tree, too. A couple of plants that are trying real hard and don't deserve the fungus attacking them.

Steve

Latest posts