The grass IS always greener on the other side of the fence.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
4122012GrassisGreener01email.jpg

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great photo! My girls do that too ... they have a very nice "path" cleared on the other side of the fence. :)
They LOVE it when we run the mower past the fence and blow in the cuttings. They RACE to the fence to get first dibs on the grass clippings. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
One of MY pullets did that last summer and a raccoon bit her head off!!
We're FINALLY starting the coop this weekend--they've spent the winter inside the barn, with all entrances chicken-wired off--and I'll be securing the sides with 1/2" hardware cloth.
BTW, we got ALL 3 raccoons. Dogs went nuts when they discovered that the 'coons had gotten in the grain room via the cat's door.

It spooked our cat, "Favorite" so badly that she completely gave up the "head of the barn" privelege and spent the winter inside of the house!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know what I always say... if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is time to water your grass! Too funny... I haven't had to trim along my backyard fence, since I've had chickens! Very efficient!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's such a cute picture of your girls Rebbetzin! I don't see huge holes along your fence line like my girls make.
I think they've watched "Chicken Run" too many times...

Latest posts