The Great Pumpkin may not Deliver

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, I concentrated on rhythm. I sometimes have when I had the driving rhythm of Booker T and the MG's pounding in my shirt pocket. Do you suppose that is a little too fast for an olde guy?

Anyway, it was the first Indoor Mile this season when I wasn't having to breath through my mouth from about half way through. Getting used to it or I really did slow down. Imagine ... the same number of steps, every 90 feet, covering 5,280 feet.

Back when the gymnasts were competing for a place in the 2020 Olympics, someone said, "they are so amazing and coordinated in their floor exercises and on the balance beam. And, I'm so uncoordinated just trying to stand up and get my feet through my underwear after a shower."

A couple of days ago, someone said that real men kick their underpants into the hamper with one foot. Well, I mean, I have to be careful which shoulder I use to lean against a wall so as not to crumble into a heap on the bathroom floor!

How are we doing with staying fit? I might have actually improved over recent weeks :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
gradual decline now through the rest of the winter until i can pick up activity again more in the spring. walking helps, but it just isn't the same. i really need to get back to Tai Chi and other exercises i used to do.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday i cleaned up and roasted a little over half of the remaining squash. the kabochas were a bit dry but the baby blue hubbard was wet so the combination turned out perfect when i got them all mashed back together again. it was quite a chore because i ran out of space in the large bowl i was using so i had to bring in a few extra bowls to mix and mash them in.

this 2nd baby blue hubbard was fairly large and it cooked up more nicely than the first one i'd done way back. it had aged more of course, but i also roasted it last and the pan i'd roasted the previous two batches of kabochas in still had some of that water left and i added a bit more. as the squash was roasting it sucked up that water and it turned a darker color (compared to the other piece that i could not put down flat as it was too big to fit. as i was cleaning up the water that was left in the pan had the consistency of syrup and at first i was going to put it back in the bowls to mix in with the squash but then i decided against that and drank it. wow, that was really sweet stuff. delicious. :)

the baby blue hubbard also had a very thick shell and i did like that how it cleaned up when i was scooping out the innards.

so now i have half a large bowl of squish in the fridge for us to eat over the next week or two and two slabs in the freezer for us to enjoy sometime in the coming winter. i'll probably roast up the remaining squabs once we get that bowl empy again because the garage is getting colder and i don't want them to get spoiled by freezing. we'll see...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rhythm is good but consistency is more important ;). There just hasn't been enough snow shoveling to displace 5 days/week of walking through the off-season. I don't think, on any week - and, usually it's 7 days/week walking.

I'll walk the Indoor Mile today because there is a 40°f wind chill and concrete & asphalt are concrete & asphalt. Carpet is carpet. Yesterday's work in the backyard beds showed me how much it will take to be ready for gardening. Maybe, I'll get back into my morning stretching routines and that is likely to really help.

Steve
for you dog owners ;):

dog walking.png

Latest posts