THE JAPANESE HAVE INVADED THE US!!!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

I made one of the hand-held milk jugs traps (except I used a vinegar jug which was sturdier) and it worked like a charm! Some take a pretty good shaking, but most readily drop into the container. I dumped all the beetles out into a bowl with a little water in the bottom and only 3 managed to escape out of a couple hundred. They were wiggling around like crazy and the chickens came over and took a look, but none of them bothered to sample my offering. I went back a couple of hours later and they were still there, except the water had turned brown! :sick

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah...these things stink like rotten meat when they die. :sick

Caught about 25 today and they were all a bit sluggish from the soapy water in the bottom of the bag. Emptied them out on the ground around supper time for the chooks....they were gone in seconds. I'm really starting to like the free protein being offered here! :D

Haven't seen any on the plants today but have spotted a few true lady bugs in the garden today, which I always love to see!

I think the whole JB scourge is about over, thank the good, good Lord. :bow

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I think their numbers are thinning out now. They have chewed up just about everything I have this year. Then they moved on to all the weeds that I haven't been able to conquer yet. Laugh or cry, I can't decide anymore... :gig

Latest posts