The Little Greenhouse That Could.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice Chris. You have a nice set up..You got a jump start ahead of me on the greens and onions..I will be planting my seed this week.
Glad you have a fan to circulate the air inside..It will deff. help your plants stay healthy..Post more pics as the plants progress..

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
barefootgardener said:
Very nice Chris. You have a nice set up..You got a jump start ahead of me on the greens and onions..I will be planting my seed this week.
Glad you have a fan to circulate the air inside..It will deff. help your plants stay healthy..Post more pics as the plants progress..
Thank you Bare foot,
This is the first year in about 30 that I uses a fan to circulates the air/ heat but so far I like it. This is about the 4th year for this greenhouse but my Dad and I had a 32'x45' Greenhouse before I got marred and got my own place.
A fan will make a world of a difference when moving just enough air to cause a breeze over the plant. The breeze will make for a lot stronger, stockier plants.
I will keep posting as the plants progress.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well no artificial heat needed today in the Greenhouse.
At 12:30 40 outside air temperature and 98/100 greenhouse air temperature. (with the sky clear and the sun shining strong)

I had to open vents and crack the door.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Some of the planted flats -
7054_dsc_1017.jpg

Marigolds starting out of the ground (about 4 day germination) -
7054_dsc_1019.jpg

Chris

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking good! I am surprised how much heat you are getting...Think I am going to have to arrange a fan for mine. I can almost smell that dirt! Keep posting your progress- it is helping me forget the 20 inches of snow outside!

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
Looking good! I am surprised how much heat you are getting...Think I am going to have to arrange a fan for mine. I can almost smell that dirt! Keep posting your progress- it is helping me forget the 20 inches of snow outside!
I'm in N.E. Ohio and I am glad to see grass. (so tired of snow and ice) but now we have been under a flood watch/ warning now for almost a week and a half now.
Today it is a damp, rainy, cool 39 out side so the heater has been running off and on but as long as the seed grow I will be happy.

Chris

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is great...but we have more snow. My porch is full with flats under grow lights. Two greenhouses outside waiting for me..Hurry spring!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have greenhouse envy. ;) Very nice, Chris! You are off to a great start. Can't wait to see all your flats full of green, so keep us posted!
:thumbsup

Latest posts