the Misfit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Television watching for me occurs early in the morning while I wait for my world to come alive around me . . ;). PBS is still celebrating television with a show called America in Primetime.

I saw one of their shows on the independent woman in TV shows last fall. This morning, it was "The Misfit." Most of the shows with the misfit characters, I'd never seen. Or, like "The Office," I've seen a total of once or twice. Gilligan was described as a misfit. I think he fit right in with an impossible situation but America in Primetime just made that suggestion and then rushed on to Gomez Addams . . . Lurch as an actual lifeform was just touched on before the show turned to a treatment of vampires as, perhaps, "sexy."

Danny DeVito as Louie De Palma and Jason Alexander as George Costanza along (with Gomez), I thought were most thoroughly explored as characters who are misfits in life but the entire community in Twin Peaks was shown as a misfit . . .

In everyday life, how do we think about misfits? Do we admire them? Identify with them? Or, just identify with their problems?

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have Elvis living in our town. yep, Elvis is alive and well. I take that back......our Elvis is not that well, he is a brick shy of a full load.......he is definately a misfit. Our town Elvis will tell you he works with the CIA. He is a town character and is just one of the many personalities that make a town a town. Does he fit in? In his own way, he is a thread in the fabric of life.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
We have Elvis living in our town. yep, Elvis is alive and well. I take that back......our Elvis is not that well, he is a brick shy of a full load.......he is definately a misfit. Our town Elvis will tell you he works with the CIA. He is a town character and is just one of the many personalities that make a town a town. Does he fit in? In his own way, he is a thread in the fabric of life.
Baymule growing up we had 2 misfits that really stood out! Alvie and Buttons. Alvie was 7 years all of his life and would walk the streets with his little red wagon. Buttons rode his bicycle every where and gave confusing directions to strangers! They where so much a part of our hometown. I agree they where part of the fabric of our town and our lives. Folks like Alvie and Buttons are so often put in *homes* and not allowed to be who they are any longer. Very sad. No one thought to tease or ridicule them either. (Sorry to say it would not be that way so much anymore.)

Latest posts