The Moose!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been seeing Bernese Mountain Dogs frequently on TV ads lately. I bet they are going to be in high demand soon, if not already.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can only imagine what my bro paid for that puppy back in March....

A breeder in Oregon sells them for $2,600. AKC registered with a fine eye towards genetic testing and disease elimination.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been seeing Bernese Mountain Dogs frequently on TV ads lately. I bet they are going to be in high demand soon, if not already.

They are the latest gotta-have dog.

Just so you all don't think I have more disposable income than sense, I wasn't actively in the market for a BMD. The breeder, aka my neighbor, had a pup come back since the fellow who bought her traveled a lot and realized that road trips and puppies aren't compatible. She asked me if I'd like her and my husband traded tile work labor for Larka.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of our daughter's friend from high school, breeds AKC Pit Bulls, and they are HUGE, like her male weighs in at 105 lbs. His body looks like a bull dog. She sells many puppies to Australia, Europe, Russia, China, Viet Nam, and Hong Kong. Price tag for a puppy with a Vet. health certificate ... $10,000 + the buyer pays for shipping and many of the buyers send one of their employees by air plane , pick up the puppy at the airport and accompany the puppy in a passenger section ( the cargo section drops to below 0* on international flights ) of the airplane back to the buyers house.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This cow stopped by last week for a little snack. She is not the same one that has been here with a calf and a young bull.
There are still some frozen apples on the tree, but she seemed more interested in the foliage.

20191031_153357.jpg
20191031_153439.jpg