The Mustang~spirit of the west

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
2 things that can not be disputed.

1). They are not native to USA-similar to starlings.
2). They occupy ground that native animals use to live.

I get that horses are romantic to some. Some feel $$ well spent. Some think $$ mis spent.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
You are not wise, and there is little or no truth in you.

1.You are Not Native to the USA in the same way and have not served as well as these fine creatures.
2.You Occupy the ground that native animals use to live on.
3.You give less to the country and those around you.

What then should be done with you?

Have a good day grumpy.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are not wise, and there is little or no truth in you.
:eek: , at least I do not speak with forked tongue :old
1.You are Not Native to the USA in the same way and have not served as well as these fine creatures. Yes, I came from a land far, far away over the big pond. I seem to remember you saying that you came from a land far, far away too ? :hu So, you agree that these horses are only feral horses. :thBut unlike these feral horses that overgraze the land, I improved the soil and the carying capacity of the land that my horses live on. :) AND, I provided employment income to several workers, a Veterinarian, several grain and alfalfa farmers as well as my family. :frow
2.You Occupy the ground that native animals use to live on. How astute ! It seems that you occupy TWO pieces of ground that native animals used to live on. :idunno:idunno
3.You give less to the country and those around you. See above. Maybe not as much as some, but much more than most.;)
What then should be done with you?
Give me a hand ... :clap
Have a good day grumpy.
Thank you ! :thumbsup

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, I knew there was a reason I ignore that poster. I see once again, he tried to clean up his hatred ignorant post.

Can't cure ills of some. Will go back to ignoring.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't say I know the troubles that folks have out west with management of wild mustangs but I'd venture to say they can't be taking much food away from the wildlife there since the wildlife are STILL there. And, like it or not, they ARE the wildlife living there too.

Maybe it's more a thing where the ranchers feel the horses are depleting their pastures for beef? ;) It's usually more about money than about wildlife preservation when it comes to these things.

Either way, indigenous or not, the horses have been there for a long time and they are just as valuable as the other creatures living there, so I'd say let God work it out. Man usually just ends up messing things up when he meddles with natural systems.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, same argument can be made against the many species of carp destroying our rivers and turning our native fish into extinct. Man does screw up God's world. See Starlings, sparrows, Lion fish, pigs, etc.......

I'm now going to check out of this thread.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, same argument can be made against the many species of carp destroying our rivers and turning our native fish into extinct. Man does screw up God's world. See Starlings, sparrows, Lion fish, pigs, etc.......

I'm now going to check out of this thread.

Maybe...just maybe...the Earth was set up to adapt to such things and certain species were expected to go extinct, while other species survived and the ecosystem changed around them. Maybe all these feral creatures will also fall by the wayside when other creatures come along after them.

I for one am really glad the dinosaurs went extinct and can see no long term negative effects from their not being around. The dodo bird? Did we really need it? :hu Just think of the many, many creatures that used to roam the Earth and no longer do and still here we are, other creatures are still here too.

Who knows or can predict what this or that creature will do over time? ;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not having seen the effect the horses have on the land myself, I do think there is a place for them. They are part of the history of this country. I would rather money be spent on them, then sending it to another country to save a animal I will never see in the wild.

Latest posts