The old and the new

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still undecided. I know I want my old Simplicity back. It is solid and I know how it operates. DS still hasn't taken it in for repairs and it's been close to a month since it came home with that $1,600 repair quote. Besides, the snow blower, blade, and tiller make it a valuable asset still.

The Cub Cadet is more plastic than metal and shakes and rattles over my uneven ground. However, it seems that the new Cub Cadet is doing a better and faster job with the lawn. This is the first time EVER that I managed to mow everything in one day. Almost three full tanks of gas (only ran out once) to do everything from along the road to all the yard to both orchards to down in the gully
Shirt target.JPG
to where I needed my target work-shirt near the neighbors'.

To anyone who is keeping track, the new garden tractor/mower still has a virgin cup holder. That was not on my list of reasons to buy a new machine. I am on the mower to work not to relax with a cold drink.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a lot to be said for solid old machines. Wish they still built things like that today.
The t-shirt is a hoot. Not sure I would want to wear it in sight of the neighbors, though!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make a date with DS to take old mower for repair. Such as, Thursday I have an appointment to take the mower in, will you be available?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make a date with DS to take old mower for repair. Such as, Thursday I have an appointment to take the mower in, will you be available?
Son is driving MY truck with MY hitch on the back while MY new trailer is currently sitting in his (We own the house) driveway waiting for him to load up the tillers and the Simplicity. A date? He doesn't even answer calls. Iff'n I don't text him first, I don't reach him at all.

Actually, DIL was off work today so I imagine they had things to do at home. Tomorrow he will be out here for work and I'll bring up the issue again. I have worked really hard to NOT be a nag. If I bring up an "issue" too often it's nagging. If I bring it up more than once a year, DH claims I'm nagging as well. DS is so much like his father in that. I have learned to be patient or to do-it-myself. I tend to hint, hem and haw, and perhaps sigh a lot. Eventually things get done.

The tractor will be fixed long before I need it for the snow. Remember the new paint job I had done this winter? Still waiting for the toilet seat, caulking, and TP holder "projects" in the first room we worked on.

NOT COMPLAINING! I love my men. I am spoiled. I think this is/was DH's way to keep me spoiled nicely instead of spoiled rotten.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
NO! I fear that would be cruel, inhumane, and counter-productive. DH works best with honey. DS just wants to help out, but does have a family life of his own. Left to my own devices, I could have a list of "Honey Do's" that would take all his time and keep DS from doing his own work.

Things are going well around here. I don't use that bathroom anyway so it's only when I go in there to clean up that I remember what needs to be finished. If anyone needs the cattle prod, by consensus, it would probably be me. I get things done, but more like the tortoise than the hare. (But I do get things done.)

Latest posts