The Pansies begin

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can sort of see that. Our front door is red, but then again basically the whole HOUSE is red, since it's brick.

Just got back from Mt. Kisco and the nursery there. Managed to get two more units of Penny lane with red (bringing the total of red plants to 7)

However it looks like the hunt may no longer be necessary. That nursery also had flats of small pansies that were JUST red. Apparently, it's a new member of the Sorbet line called Magenta Rose, and the color is astonishingly close, I actually took one of the Penny packs I was holding and held it's red side by side and they match nearly perfectly (actually I wonder if, in fact that's all penny lane ever was, an artificial mix made by taking pinches of all of the other small pansies they had (plus possibly a few others see below) and mixing them together. Most of the other colors seem to also be available as one type only mixes.

This actually however doesn't totally make PL useless. MR is a flat red, so PL still is the only one with small reds with a black mask. So I suppose it is still worth hunting each year.