The Pond Thread

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
you are making me jealous. my pond liner is still rolled up behind my coop. my koi and 2 small cat fish are in a 55 gallon tank. i never got it put in when we were at the last house and i can't figure out where i want to put it at this house. we're are still taking down trees and i'm afraid if i put it in my dh would take down a tree that would crash on it. he narrowly missed my coop last year but took out part of my corn in the garden. then the other side of the property he has some smaller trees he took down but didn't clean up for about a month & those landed on top of my garlic patch.

well, got to get out to take care of the trees he took down a couple weeks ago. again he took more down across my garlic patch. :idunno

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sell them for $2 each in the Fall when they're about 3-4in long. Eventually just give large groups away.
Found out last year that dogs and cats do not like fresh fish...Maybe the pigs will eat some this year....

Chickie'sMomalnNH, he's got some awesome aim! lol

I should of put the pond further out in the yard, but there's no external power source, it's on a heavy gauge extension cable going through a window. So couldn't place it where I wanted it to go. And expanding it is also limited by the fence it backs up to, another side is the easement/gravel path, and then one corner is the propane tank. =/

DH's coworker is giving us a large fake rock waterfall thing that came with his house when he bought it. Can't wait for that to get here so I can hook it up!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 2 ponds a small 200 gallon plastic in White Plains and a 1 acre at country house. Both I stock with feeder goldfish. The ones at country house grew large very fast. Workers where putting in patio for hot tub, when a large water bird spent 3 days eating my goldfish. The guys would chase it away, only to have it return short time later. It ate everyone!!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love ponds. We had one at our last place. I did all the research and ordered the things, and then DH and a mexican built it. I got the fish from someone in San Jose who was draining her pool. Turned out some were koi! Loved that it attracted dragonflies, frogs and more. Sadly the new rich owners were not interested in it and let everything die.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cool pics. Your fish are so pretty! I love their names. :) I'd love to have a pond, but would worry about 2 little persons trying to swim in it. They had a nice koi pond at the Ronald McDonald house where we stayed in 2012. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I would sit out there all the time if I had one.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
waterfall.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://www.justpondplants.com
I just put in an order for the following plants below. Really hope it's a good website with good plants!
Arrowhead Crushed Ice, White Rush, Japanese Variegated Iris, Bog Bean, Thalia Dealbata, Variegated Umbrella Palm, Egyptian Papyrus & a Water Poppy.

Should ship Monday, be here Wed/Thurs. So excited! :D

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
The duckies!
They used to be in the pond, but the little hole on the bottom lets in water and they slowly flip over...Hoping they will be dry enough to glue the hole up and have them in the pond again. But they seem to magically absorb water outta nowhere!
duckies.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The duckies!
They used to be in the pond, but the little hole on the bottom lets in water and they slowly flip over...Hoping they will be dry enough to glue the hole up and have them in the pond again. But they seem to magically absorb water outta nowhere!
View attachment 7365
When Grandsons where little we tried rubber ducks in the pond. They where always floating bottoms up or drifting under the waterfall.

Latest posts