The Pond Thread

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like others who are thinking of having an artificial pond set up in the backyard, I am thinking of adding fish that can be harvested and can be used for daily consumption.

Don't post such garbage on my thread about PET fish.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can see the bottom today!
DIY sieve arrives soon, will try to reroute water into it first, then it'll flow to the rest of the filters. That way, I can clean just the sieve daily and the rest of the filters will remain clean for much, much longer! Should also get more of the finer particles out, but there always be some. Note the junk that comes off the plants when disturbed.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cooling the aquarium to get ready to move the new koi out. Tank is 70, pond is in the high 50s...
Will use the holding cube I had made a couple years ago to house the new guys. That way, none can jump out, disappear for weeks and I can keep up on their health and feeding.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Out in pond in the roughly 3x3ft mesh cube inside the pond.
Raining, so no pics yet...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
The great white shark and the dark one with a bit of orange, saw them alive and doing well this morning.
Haven't seen the others.
Glad I had released them, since the next morning, the pond rained half way and the pen they were in would of been out of the water!

Latest posts