The President or Sony Who is Right ?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I certainly am not talking about government censorship. I'm talking about having enough sense to know what you are doing. Self-censorship.

One of the things that's hard for Americans to grasp is that in a country that has total control, they cannot even envision that that our government doesn't have the same control. If a private citizen does something then the government has to be behind it because in their country the government would be behind it. The idea that people would have true freedom scares the rulers to death. Literally to death because if they lose control they are likely to be executed. And the vast majority of the people fighting for freedom in some of those countries don't really grasp the personal responsibility that goes with freedom.

I really don't think the majority of Americans understand how well we have it. Most of Western Europe and a few other places around the globe have it too but a whole lot of other people don't.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I listened to an interview on NPR this week, it was a Sony exec. he said it was Sony's choice to air the film as scheduled, but the movie theaters were refusing it air it, Sony's hands were tied, they do not have a distribution system in place that could release it as scheduled w/o the theaters going along.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh and I think Mr. Obama's response was the second most inane comment he has made this week. Saying a private business should talk w/ the president before making a business decision!!!!!! Wonder if on my next pt, when I am trying to decide on tx modalities if I should run it by him first????

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh and I think Mr. Obama's response was the second most inane comment he has made this week. Saying a private business should talk w/ the president before making a business decision!!!!!! Wonder if on my next pt, when I am trying to decide on tx modalities if I should run it by him first????
Like I said, you just can't fix stupid.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
President Obama had to say he disagreed with Sony's move go pull the movie. It's just a sound bite. If he doesn't comment then he's avoiding the issue.

They had to pull the movie. They fell on their sword over it. This way it's not a failure to protect the movie goers and it's not up to the theaters to take the risk either.

All it takes is 1 extremist to create another Aurora Colorado type of event and everybody is taking blame. From the Govt who didn't stop the threat/failure to take it seriously to Sony for provoking such a response with the movie.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Companies make decisions, some good, some terrible. Not the first bad decision made in California.

My hot button is when they decide to campaign for alternative life styles and the open campaigns against family values. Got into with Apple concerning that 2 weeks ago. Evidently, enough of us complained they took the naked pix off of website.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Sony couldn't buy better advertisement than this. Now so many will want to see this movie!

Have you ever seen films made in some other countries, some are very violent to Americans, as well as open threats on the internet.
We can google, what is happening in Europe, in this regard, most are afraid to open their mouth, many are not allowed to, it's getting to be so everywhere, even while they are being shouted at. There are fewer and fewer places, in what is left of the Free World, where free speech is permitted.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
North Korean internet went completely down for 10 hours yesterday ... I wonder what happened ? :hu

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Their, the Korean, system is small, easy to blast. Such a big deal was made about a hint of trouble at a showing, when there are Orcs saying they're gona kill us and are doing it. But with the real Clear and Present Danger, we act like it isn't happening and are careful not to point a finger their way or it might make them mad. They've been mad all their lives. What they were taught as they grew up made them go mad.

Richard

Latest posts