The rock work on my bucket list

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
. . . It was the boundary line belonging to a neighbor who used to "patrol" his property lines every day with a gun. Ooops! :hide
Cripes! I could mention a guy like that, his messing up some kids' lives and being taken out by a SWAT team . . .

Neighbors was a reason I moved in from the sticks, having lived not all that far from where Thistle' lives now. I hope things are much better now. My nearest neighbors when I arrived there were a family where hubby worked at the sporting good store 40 miles away. An artist whose books can still be found in bookstores in the children's section. Two college teachers and their adopted children . . .

Then, these other folks began moving in around me. On a visit, I got a lecture from a tiny blond girl about people from other ethnic groups. Turns out, I was only a couple miles from the newly-built headquarters of the Aryan Nation. When one of the newcomers told me about the place, he said it was some kind of church . . .

Boundaries? I began to feel that, without moving, I'd crossed into some other country - and, I don't mean Canada.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes Steve, things have improved from those days, thankfully. You know those Aryan nation guys are scattered, and don't amount to much since the tax man went after them... not that they ever did amount to much, but it doesn't take a lot of people to cause a lot of trouble for others.

There is something about living out away from town that seems to attract weirdos. Then there's us normal folks too! :p

NYboy, no, my truck is "Lunar Mist" according to Toyota. :D And I envy people who can plant shrubs without using a pick!

That's a funny story Lucky, we have a neighbor who "patrols" everybodys property lines. One day a neighbor had her tractor out picking up the large rocks on the roadside so they could mow and he stomped over and accused her of "stealing" rocks. When she told him that they were on her property he just huffed off.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, it is a lovely fall day, full of sunshine! I've just cracked open the greenhouse.

No, I didn't use a rock ;).

I won't need to think about "Rimfire" Road with this kind of weather.

It's 9:30am and wasn't supposed to freeze . . . there's still frost completely covering the north side of the neighborhood roofs. Better gather myself and go dig out some garden beds - good quality "pea gravel" in that garden :cool:. I should be able to lift it with the shovel - I've already done that every year there and so, 10+ times. Time to bury some more things that Jack Frost has killed.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding it wasn't supposed to freeze!! Not that it really matters to me, since everything is cleaned up and put away anyway... But right before bed last night, checked the weather. Low of 31. Okay! This am, I'm still in bed and hubby says it's 19 degrees out!! Yikes, not getting up JUST YET!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
That's a funny story Lucky, we have a neighbor who "patrols" everybodys property lines. One day a neighbor had her tractor out picking up the large rocks on the roadside so they could mow and he stomped over and accused her of "stealing" rocks. When she told him that they were on her property he just huffed off.
Another neighbor story. A BFF had two boys who loved to play with Hot Wheels in the dirt. An especially nice place was around two huge maple trees where grass wouldn't grow. Their neighbor would chase the boys away from HIS trees and tell them to stay out of his yard. He, too, was known for patrolling his property at night with a shotgun. Then came the big storm that blew one of the trees down! Their neighbor was quick to stop by and tell them to remove THEIR tree from his property. Sure enough, after all those years of getting after the youngsters, he had known all along the trees were not on his land.

Latest posts