The siding Thread... updated! (Pics 5/24 Finished the Front!!!!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ARGH! We went through ALL the nice expensive siding for the front of the house today....and we're SHORT! I paid for 1 sq each at $210 to find out they didn't come in 1 sq like I was told and they came in 1/2 sq and we're short like 2 pieces. I made sure I over ordered. :barnie

I am so mad when people can't get their facts right. Like they don't know the difference between 100 sq ft and 50 sq ft. That totally messes up my financial planning as well as our project now! My front porch looks incomplete and its going to take 2 weeks minimium for a new order or a box to come in.

Over order, get extra they say... well I did!!!! :he

I'm giving the manager (who we ordered from) and ear full tomorrow... and I expect some kind of SERVICE for all this hassle. They were so helpful before, but that's when I was handing them $3000. Oh, I'm aggrivated to pieces tonight. :hit

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am going to have more pics shortly. We got more then this done. These are pics from saturday night while they were finishing up for the day. The put the rest (of what we had left) on sunday. I'll get photos today in the sun.

They are going to move to the sides before they finish the front now... I still haven't heard back from lowe's about the siding issue with them!

siding9.jpg

siding10.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now, we had ordered 300 sq ft of this special siding. It came with 100 sq ft per carton (that of course is a rounded number) well those cartons only turned out to have 50 sq ft per carton.... so we were short. Thankfully, I way over ordered so we were only short a small # of pieces. 8 total I think we need stll.

I talked to lowe's they said its the manufacturer's fault, and the Manuf. says its Lowe's fault they didn't update their system to show they changed the container size. So after a long debate between those 2, I made a deal with Lowe's. Technically, they left me short 3 boxes for what I paid for according to Lowe's.... the manufacturer is pretty set they gave me 100% of what I paid for and that was that.

So I told lowe's pay for 1 box out of their pocket as its all we need, and I'll call it even because I'm not paying for anymore boxes at this point.

They agreed.... fair deal or should I have fought for the full 3 boxes they owed me? They said IN STORE they could only sell me those 3 boxes at cost which is still a LOT ($140 each rather then $200)... but they said they would fight with corperate for me, but who knew how long that would be. I hope that 1 box I got was a good deal... because I have no more money to buy anymore siding. I am TAPPED OUT!!! :lol:

Oh, and they offered to make it a rush order, so I may not have to wait the full 2 weeks like last time :)

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Fair deal. Of course I would probably try and get some type of store credit for the balance even if it wasn't for the whole amount. You go halfsies? You can always find something you need. But you are going to get what you need to finish the siding and that's what really matters.
It's looking really good.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
Now, we had ordered 300 sq ft of this special siding. It came with 100 sq ft per carton (that of course is a rounded number) well those cartons only turned out to have 50 sq ft per carton.... so we were short. Thankfully, I way over ordered so we were only short a small # of pieces. 8 total I think we need stll.

I talked to lowe's they said its the manufacturer's fault, and the Manuf. says its Lowe's fault they didn't update their system to show they changed the container size. So after a long debate between those 2, I made a deal with Lowe's. Technically, they left me short 3 boxes for what I paid for according to Lowe's.... the manufacturer is pretty set they gave me 100% of what I paid for and that was that.

So I told lowe's pay for 1 box out of their pocket as its all we need, and I'll call it even because I'm not paying for anymore boxes at this point.

They agreed.... fair deal or should I have fought for the full 3 boxes they owed me? They said IN STORE they could only sell me those 3 boxes at cost which is still a LOT ($140 each rather then $200)... but they said they would fight with corperate for me, but who knew how long that would be. I hope that 1 box I got was a good deal... because I have no more money to buy anymore siding. I am TAPPED OUT!!! :lol:

Oh, and they offered to make it a rush order, so I may not have to wait the full 2 weeks like last time :)
Probably as good as it will get. there would be no fight. their DSM has the power to ok this deal. the rest is all window dressing. smoke and mirrors.......

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, its been going.... they are working on it today, and they may finish the front?! The started the driveway side last weekend... so that's wrapped 1/2 way up and ready for siding.

We'll see... the boys have been slow lately. Its gotten so muggy and hot out!

front_garden2.jpg

Latest posts