The siding Thread... updated! (Pics 5/24 Finished the Front!!!!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok they never got to finishing up the front siding like they wanted to. (It was mother's day and I had a nice peaceful morning of chilling on the phone on the deck and being left alone in the garden, so its understandable!)

They did manage to get up all the new posts and knock out the old columns though.

Are you seeing my cottage vision yet!?!?

house_front1.jpg

house_front2.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No, I don't want to put up a railing... a lot of people have asked us that. I don't want to cover up the nice siding we're working so hard on. Besides that porch is 5.5 ft deep and 32 ft long. I'll be adding 2 seating areas on each side of the porch with 2 ceiling fans. I don't want all that covered up. Besides... my daughter hasn't come close to falling, so that makes me feel safer.

ranchhand

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow, happening pretty fast really! And looking very nice!

I like the shingling on the front. The new posts do give more of a cottage air to it.

Those old columns would be great for an arbor out back- a pergola type structure for shade? Over a patio?

I know, why am I making MORE work for you! :weight

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
Wow, happening pretty fast really! And looking very nice!

I like the shingling on the front. The new posts do give more of a cottage air to it.

Those old columns would be great for an arbor out back- a pergola type structure for shade? Over a patio?

I know, why am I making MORE work for you! :weight
Oh that is what I wanted to do with the columns... like a pergola over where we are building a dock out onto the pond!!! BUT...

those columns were sooooooooo rotted. We only replaced them because of the rot. There was mildew and all kinds of stuff growing inside, and they were falling apart so badly.

Don't worry... we will NEVER run out of ideas and work. I think we will always work on this house, and never really get to enjoy much. (I do enjoy the deck though, that was the BEST birthday present ever last year.)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray!!! The front is done, and we've moved on to the driveway which is now halfway done... we were on a roll today!!! (even in the rain.) :celebrate

http://fromseed.blogspot.com/

Sorry, I uploaded there today... was in a rush and now running to take a shower. Its mama and baby movie night :thumbsup

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wow it looks just beautiful.. very nice and it is coming right along! I love the garden pics and the chicks are adorable.. mine are getting HUGE already.. but they are a barred rock cross so I guess they are a big breed. :thumbsup it looks awesom!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Can you believe it is SEPTEMBER!!!

I haven't updated this since MAY... AND we're still not done?! Its insane... the weather has cooperated, and we took a few vacations... and our helpers didn't help so much once they got sick of it... so on and so forth.

But guess what today is? Today is the day where they only have 10 pieces of siding left, they are running to pick up a few more pieces and return unused J-channel.

That means today and tomorrow are all they need to FINISH!!!!!!!
:rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose

Throw a party... my house has is going to have siding finished.... *knock on wood* :weee

But here's an updated photo to hold ya'll over. :D

siding12.jpg

garden_aug03.jpg

I'm going to take more photos today while they are working because I am cleaning the front porch and FINALLY putting my new table and stuff up on it. :celebrate

Latest posts