The Sky, The Moon

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely how the same sun and moon rises and sets on all of us, don't you think?

The moon will be full tomorrow. It was beautiful as a bright, silver disk last night and set in a tawny, light haze this morning. Getting a good photograph would have to be one of those planned excursions. It is just too much to hope that I will just happen on something like that. So, on my east west road, the moon was setting behind the power lines, near and far. Just a glimpse was caught of it, just above the roadway.

Soon, I will a little pressed to rise early enough for night-time darkness to set off the heavenly scene. Our day-star will burn brightly and swing way into the northern sky, early and late on its course. As gardeners, we all look forward to that sunny time but it is a little sad to lose so many hours of the night sky.

Venus is just incredibly bright in the evening! It is there, like the moon and sun, for all of us. There will be something else coming along. I hope you are all enjoying our sky.

Steve :coolsun

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nicely put Steve. I stepped outside last night before bedtime to try to absorb all that wonder. And we always sleep with the curtains open because I love to stargaze from my warm bed! It seems as though we have had more clear nights this winter, and of course I'm positive we've had more bluebird days than our fair share, but I'm happy to take them.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.......and He saw that it was good."
Genesis 1