The Wall Of Shame!! or..Hey! We Ain't Perfect!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didnt even consider weeds. I get behind. Sometimes I catch up and sometimes I dont. I get behind again and sometimes I catch back up. Sometimes. I often use a strategy of weeding the ones that arent too bad with the thought I can do them pretty easily. If I get the really bad ones first, the easy ones are then really bad.

Another mistake this year. (I will limit this to this year) Im growing cotton for my wife. I planted it too close to the okra. I didnt realize how much it spreads out. Lets just call that section a jungle with the okra real hard to pick.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
that volunteer tomato I was all excited about this Spring turned out to be a real dud. It was very susceptible to virus attack as soon as the weather warmed up and the tomatos were few and nothing to brag about. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
I remember your volunteer tomato and how big it was. I had a volunteer squash. Big beautiful thing. Biggest in the garden, but every squash had blossom end rot and not another squah in the garden had it. I pulled it up because it was too close to the beans.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well i was having a hard time picking a disaster...but after seeing Thistle's hilarious "martha stewart on crack" garden i decided to tell you about my pallet garden. Too bad i dont have pictures, it was years ago at our old house. But those pallet gardens were starting to be all the rage...so, what the heck, i build one. What a pain in the butt!! It was so hard to water, every time i did it poured dirt out the sides with the water...i had even stapled burlap inside the slats to help hold the dirt in place...eventually i gave up trying to keep those stupid plants alive...mega failure!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
8583_dsc00010.jpg

This is my big garden. There is 5 rows of potaotes, 2 rows of roma bush beans, some intermingled pumpkin plants and what is left of my sunflowers.

8583_dsc00030.jpg

This is my tomato patch. We had to use bird netting on it this year, as last year, they got all ate. Not by us.

8583_dsc00011.jpg

The Roma bush beans. I wore my big black boots and took a long stick so as not to pick up any copperheads this year. Took me 1 hour to find the beans. The rows are maybe 60' long.

8583_dsc00007.jpg

Fruits of yesterdays 2.5 hours of labor in the heat and high humidity. Oh, that included snapping the beans and shucking the corn.

8583_dsc00021.jpg

New crop of 6 plymouth rock babies.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OHBOY, moxie...that is pretty amazing. You even had to plant orange flags to see where the garden started?? I see some sunflowers back there... I'm pretty sure you've got a winning entry here! :weee

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it Moxie! I can just see P. Alan Smith featuring "meadow gardens" on his program. You're on the cutting edge girl!
That new crop of chickies sure is nice too.:)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think my biggest fail by far this year is the raspberries, after spending all that time moving hundreds of feet (over 300) of raspberry plants over half died, the other half bore very well, only I had the plague during the whole time they were ripening and didn't get one berry! :hit

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was poking fun at my garden... :p :/ The flags went in when planted, as we didn't do raised rows this year. Had to see where the good stuff started.... Now, we can see where we dig potatoes :lol:

After it started raining so much in June, I have only been able to weed them once.. Now it is an adventure to find the edibles in that jungle :ep

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxie, I think it's great! You haven't worn yourself out AND you still get goodies! YOU GO!!!!

(and besides... minus the tunnel, it looks a LOT like mine)

Latest posts