The War on Antibiotics

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/07/14-1

I would have posted this on the BYC site, however, I could not have taken the feed-back. TA DA!

Having said that, I do believe that the people who take to the gardening airwaves to be a kinder and gentler bunch and only use their pitchforks for good. :plbb

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Profittability outweighs practicality...as usual, huh.

I had to have some strong IV antibiotics with the birth of my daughter for GBS. I had never had antibiotics before in my whole life prior to that because I was always a healthy kid. Since we grew up without health insurance, we weren't tempted to run to the doctor for every little thing.

I know when you have to have them, you have to have them--and you want them to work! I had to have them for the GBS, but let me tell you, my immune system has been out of whack ever since. I seem to get sick easier and had odd recurrent rashes for about a year after.

Then I had an abscessed tooth two months ago and had to have 2 courses of antibiotics to knock out that infection so they could do the root canal. I was suprised that it took 2 different antibiotics to take away the infection because it wasn't really all that badly infected and I barely had any pain or swelling. A month after that I ended up with bronchitis in the middle of summer! Never had that happen before either. So a third round of antibiotics in 2 months...

Thursday I got stung by a wasp and have developed a sudden allergy to stings when I have been stung many times before the antibiotics with no reaction at all, even as recently as April. When I asked her specifically, my doctor agreed that all the antibiotics I recently had to have may have temporarily weakened my immune system, but of course didn't want to entertain that possibility too much. I think it's been a cascade of things happening to me because my immune system hasn't had time to sort itself out and you have to wonder what role the antibiotics used in our meat plays in this when I never had any prescribed antibiotics my whole life prior to all this. You would think they would have been more effective. The developing resistance is pretty evident.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Its just an issue with the USA, I swear... they need to see whats on paper and costs and they don't take into consideration the health that comes to people with such things on their plates! ARGH! :he

Latest posts