TheEasyGarden Member Titles! **Voting Closed....Stay Tuned!**

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning! :)

Do you notice anything missing from this wonderful forum? Member Titles! We're all labeled as 'Members' beneath our names, but what if we could have something more like BYC's member titles?

Over on TheEasyGarden's sister site, BYC, when you first join you are a 'New Egg'. Then you progress to being hatched, getting out of the brooder, chillin' with your peeps, and so forth.

Would you like to see a similar set of titles here, only garden related?

Maybe we could begin our membership as seeds, seedlings, sprouts, or newly transplanted, and work our way up to something showing us relaxing in the garden, and so forth?

Nifty, like everyone else right now, is pretty busy at this time, but he'd like to see the title ideas that we come up with.

So, what are your gardening title ideas? :happy_flower

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good idea! Seed to Sprout could be the first and second, to Full Flower - that's what comes to mind first off. Gotta fill in the middle! :watering

bamagirl68

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Moderators could be Master Gardeners.:dance

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
bamagirl68 said:
Or Garden Masters.

Other Ideas:

Sprout

Seedling

In Bud

In Bloom

Gone to Seed

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like that progression, Reinbeau! :)

Good thought, BamaGirl, but I believe that moderators will retain the moderator title, as they do on BYC. It might be too confusing to new members, otherwise, to know who is, and isn't, a moderator. Still, it can be a contender for members who've moved up through the posting ranks. :)

Good thought, Buff Shallots! Changing, 'Master Gardener' to, 'Garden Master' helps with the little sticking point of Master Gardener being an actual title! :)

Keep those ideas coming! :happy_flower

Tink

Leafing Out
Reaction score
How about:
seed
sprout
covered in weeds
bugs bugs bugs
new growth
old growth
rooted in the dirt
over grown

tink

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Buff Shallots said:
bamagirl68 said:
Or Garden Masters.

Other Ideas:

Sprout

Seedling

In Bud

In Bloom

Gone to Seed
Seed
Sprout
Seedling
In Bud
Full Bloom
Gone to seed or Seedhead :gig (nah, I really don't like this one, but it's funny....back to business)

Green Thumb
Garden Guru
Hort Master

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My thoughts on this subject are to keep the Member Titles light. I've never seen a bunch of people who can get more pretentious, know-it-all and Latin name-dropping than educated gardeners (and I'm one of them, unfortunately).

So I think names without "status" would be best, or names that promote fun, rather than amount of knowledge or experience would be best. It would keep TheEasyGarden from being pretentious or off-putting to beginner gardeners.