There's no excuse to burn our Flag!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Burning a retired flag is the only approved way to get rid of it. The flag is burned in a prescribed ceremony and as major says with respect. Our American Legion post has had several flag burning events often in conjunction with the Boy Scout groups.

I'm not sure I could honor 'their' right to burn the flag in my presence, either.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
You're right, unfortunatly they {retired] burned the flag from the Arizona after the 1941 attack.

I have uncle Joe's flag with 48 stars, he brought it back from north Africa, WWII.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean anyone can complain or protest, but they don't get to burn our flag, makes people want to tap dance on their head, if you'll excuse the expression.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Out here in the boonies we'd be the only ones to see the flag, but still I keep asking when we can get electricity out so a pole can be put up. I know others don't follow the rules, but I want a light on it if I'm going to have it up full time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've got a little one on the mail box, and another little one in a planter on the porch. Got a real one on a pole where the driveway splits off from my house to my Dad's. The little ones are just summer decorations. The big one is full time. I'm trying to get Dad to let me put a solar spot on it but he insists that it'll be in his way when he mows.
I'll probably sneak one up there anyway sometime this summer....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want a spotlight for mine too, but for now it is easy enough to take it in from the flag pole on the front porch.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought a solar LED flagpole light that looks like a flying saucer and shins the light down from on top the pole. For my 2¢ opinion - don't waste your money. The light shines directly in your eyes from above the flag and ruins the view.

Just this past winter I bought one similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Innovations-4...958556&sr=8-12&keywords=solar+flag+pole+light and it works very well. So far, anyway. I always worry about the cheap Chinese junk and early failures.

Latest posts