These are NOT sundried tomatoes!!!!!

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Just myself for supper tonight, hubby working kids with friends. so all this talk of sundried tomatoes, plus a look in the fridge , I see pasta, , some veggies that need to get eaten, and a bag of shrimp in the freezer. sounds good! I'm excited, julienne the veggies saute them stir in the olive oil, veggies, pasta, shrimp, some parmesan reggiano, and my sundried tomatoes. Or so I thought. One bite of a 'tomato" and I quickly realized I dehydrated jalapeno peppers too. :barnie there is no smilie for a mouth on FIRE!!!!!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL - not at you, your tastebuds have all my sympathies, but I'm glad to know that sort of thing happens to other people too :)

I got out some frozen meatballs a coupla years ago and put them into some spaghetti sauce that was thawing in the microwave. As they warmed up, the kitchen began to smell a bit... odd.

They weren't meatballs.

They were ice-cube-tray cubes of frozen Indian-restaurant cilantro chutney.

You wnat to know what's really scary? Spaghetti sauce with as much cilantro chutney as has already melded with the sauce and can't be scooped out... is actually fairly good :p

You would think this woulda taught me to label things. Not really :p

Pat

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's great that we can laugh at ourselves and give others the opportunity to laugh at us also!!

Did I learn my lesson? probably not.....

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's great... I've pulled wrong things out of the freezer all the time. They are labeled alright... but not in a language I can read!!! My mom should know better than ask me to go get something...

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
hahaha... great stories!

Our story isn't as much fun... My wife: "Were those chopped green bell peppers or chili peppers in that freezer bag?"

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That recipe spounds great, I love jalapeno peppers;

:gig

Latest posts