they don't make nursery employees like they used to... :P

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm looking for 5% Sevin dust, not for the garden but because DE and rotenone dust are just not doin' it for a mite problem with my chickens and I have been told that Sevin is the definitive go-to for northern fowl mites. But, after this summer it will no longer be legal in the province and most places have already stopped carrying it, so it's hard to find.

So I stopped at a garden center that is usually well stocked with pesticide sort of things. Walk in, am greeted by pleasant young employee. "Hi, how are you, can I help you find something?"

"I'm looking for a container of Sevin dust. It's not for the garden, it's for chickens, but I thought you might have some?"

"Hmmmm." Long pause. "I can't remember, is 'Sevin Dust' an annual or a perennial?"

:p

They didn't have any anyhow.

Pat

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DH says that it's intended to be neither annual nor perennial, but instantaneous and once-only :p

Pat

justusnak

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
beefy said:
well, which is it? i would think it would be near or around the Dusty Miller.
:yuckyuck

:smack to that girl for not knowing her stuff! Jeesh!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I already told this story on byc, so ignore me if you already heard it...

Early this Spring when I called Big R looking for ducks, I asked what breed they were expecting to get in. The underpaid too young employee tells me "yellow ones". :gig

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at a roadside "greenhouse" once and I was looking around and around, wondering why all the plants had the word "court" in their name??? Then I realized it was for pricing purposes and they meant "quart"... They had labeled hundreds of plants like that!!! Who doesn't love "yellow ducks"!!

Latest posts