This article helped me get my soil in shape!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow

I'm a bit slow at understanding the science of good soil-building for my raised vegetable beds. This article really helped with it's easy to read charts & information. I hope it helps you too. It was written here in the UK so some terms may be a bit different.

http://www.allotment.org.uk/fertilizer/

However there is a term I have never heard of before "prilled urea" : I looked that up & this is what it said [Scroll down a bit for the explanation]:-

http://www.gilgames.com.au/ureaspec.html

:rose Hattie :rose

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
From the looks of it, the way to go for the home gardener is via Chicken and Rabbit poop. <smile> I love that I have both.

Now if I can convince the other half to let me get more rabbits. LOL

Ron

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rabbits I am lacking... however my neighbor with the chickens and garden we share with have rabbits! They are 'clowns' and do childrens' shows for a living. They do these magic acts with the rabbits they have! I didn't know they had rabbits.... so now I'm going to go over and beg for poop!!!! :lol:

That you Hatti, that is wonderful information.

(P.s. - All the sites you keep finding are ending up in my bookmarks, and my bookmarks are WAY over filled!!! I need to clean up and organize now. LOL)

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hattie - gee thanks so much for the link, i created quite a few bookmarks just off the first link ..
and it made sense to a beginner ..
thank you

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
great info. I've been a little "stuck" as to where I might start improving my soil. The first step I need to take is to send it off to be analized to see where I stand and then work to improve it. Now I have a great starting point. Thanks!!! :tools

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks you Hattie I had never heard of comfrey as a fertilizer before...I will have to investigate that some more... :throw

Latest posts