This fall’s mint

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you talking about the silver mound type of Artemisia, @Marie2020 ? Tarragon? Absinthe type of Wormwood.

We have #3 growing along the river that shows up when the water is low. It can grow quite tall.

The mound type ornamental doesn't, that I see in people's yards. I would guess that many types of mint could compete with it for sunlight. I realize that mint can grow in the shade and have no trouble keeping several varieties alive around the backyard. However, there is a chocolate mint plant that has essentially no direct sunlight that seems barely hanging onto life, year after year.

I suppose that it would be the root systems that would provide more competition if you planted mint beside your wormwood but it might help to know the species of plants. The tarragon that I have had seemed so whispy, I doubt if it would have competed vigorously with much of anything.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are you talking about the silver mound type of Artemisia, @Marie2020 ? Tarragon? Absinthe type of Wormwood.

We have #3 growing along the river that shows up when the water is low. It can grow quite tall.

The mound type ornamental doesn't, that I see in people's yards. I would guess that many types of mint could compete with it for sunlight. I realize that mint can grow in the shade and have no trouble keeping several varieties alive around the backyard. However, there is a chocolate mint plant that has essentially no direct sunlight that seems barely hanging onto life, year after year.

I suppose that it would be the root systems that would provide more competition if you planted mint beside your wormwood but it might help to know the species of plants. The tarragon that I have had seemed so whispy, I doubt if it would have competed vigorously with much of anything.

Steve
Thank you. :)

I've put one chocolate mint into a large pot and have 2 others mints. I will find out which wormwood this is. I've planted one right at the bottom of my garden and undecided where I will eventually plant the other two. They are for my chickens as I read they help to deter worms, my girls have never had them but won't hurt too keep protecting them.

I also read that wormwood keep slugs at bay but in addition can be a killer too some plates so just thinking this through.

Latest posts