This one's a keeper

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My tomato plants gave me a very good harvest but they have been producing all Summer and are pooping out. I've even begun taking some of the plants out as they die back. One of my Mortgage Lifters though seems to be getting a second wind. It is putting out new growth and setting tomatos all over the place. It almost looks like a new plant again.
I'll definitely be saving seed from that one and hope the trait carries on to the new generation. If I can set that trait I will have a very long term high producing tomato.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! I wish you success. Do you do anything special when you save seeds (or do you use the famous dry them on a paper towel method?) Keep us posted!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sometimes I use a paper towel when I only have a few to save but if I want more I do it like the pros do. Scoop out the seeds getting as little pulp as possible and then ferment them in a bucket with a very small amount of water. The fermenting eats all the pulp off them and leaves the seeds clean. All you have to do is give them a couple of rinses in fresh water and dry them. It gives you seeds that are just like the ones you buy.