Thru the Shed to the Neighbor's . . . Greenhouse?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm glad you have such a nice neighbor who will work that out with you. I have a neighbor like that. Too bad there aren't more neighbors like that.

All that garden work to do, I don't know how you have time to come and visit with us, Steve, but we're sure glad you do. Wish you were my neighbor! ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh, Journey - I can be a source of problems.

When I moved across the road to a new garden at the empty-nesters place, I was told to just come down the driveway and park at the corner of the garden. After sneaking in a couple of times at 5am, I took to parking at the far corner of the field and walking over. That got me "in trouble" with the nextdoor neighbor who would find me backing into his driveway to get turned around and headed back out on the road. So . . . he gave me a "designated" spot to park in his driveway :cool:.

At the other garden, I finally got the 4 small dogs to accept me beating a path across the lawn. One has grown blind and has taken up barking at me again but, at least, I haven't been bit for a couple of years :rolleyes:. Besides, the little female likes me and when the "boys" have threatened me - she tears into them :lol:.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, do you work from sun up to sun down everyday? I get exhausted just seeing how much gardening you do! :;)

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:tools Me too, lol. I have big aspirations to do more, but really couldn't keep up with a fraction of what you do, Steve. Not at this stage of my life anyway. Kudos to you! I love seeing all your pics and your harvests.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"work hard so as not to work hard" ~ Could that be my motto?

The additional 1/4th acre is possible but I'm not sure I'll take it. My $ contribution to the plowing of the field isn't a problem and even the planting of the space isn't if I put it all in one thing, like Halloween pumpkins :p. I have been going in the opposite direction the last 3 years, giving up ground so as to ease out of the work. Harvest can be very burdensome.

It has been a long road and timing has been what has saved me many a step. A garden is plant life . . . could be insect & other animal life, too . . . seems to have been human life. I pay a ridiculous amount of attention to the weather. Is the sky, alive?

There will be rain this weekend, I hope and the WS is predicting. Okay. I've got Little Veggie garden beds to dig out and fill with frost-killed plants. Once I'm over there, may as well get some of it done. If not, I can leave . . . But, the WS says rain by Friday night - I bet it will be windy first. If I'm going to do this and enjoy this sunny fall weather, the time is now.

Notice that if I had a real job with weekends free to garden, I'd be in trouble. Still, I could use the coming rain event to motivate me out there to do what I can.

Everything is always beginning anew. It is probably true in everything but here it is at the end of the growing season for me but, from experience, I have an idea that somethings are to be done now. And, The beginning is the most important part of the work. ~ Plato

Steve

Latest posts