time to harvest the fennel!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
anyone else a fennel lover

I grow fennel for this recipe ...I remember on PBS watching Alice Waters with Julia Child (my hero in life) and fell in love with it ..it is the reason I grow bulb fennel at all just for this recipe!
if you have fennel and want a wondeful recipe for it then here you go ...thank you Alice Waters and Julia Child you have had a great impact on me :)

http://leitesculinaria.com/7008/recipes-shaved-fennel-salad.html

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh yes i love fennel, i'm putting some in for a fall harvest.
Its good to eat it raw to help with digestion.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually make a recipe where you carmelize equal parts onion and fennel, then add slices of kalamata and de-glaze with white wine. It is quite good. I grew fennel just for that recipe. :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I want to leave work right now and go eat my fennel :)

I let one bulb go to seed that is how I replant fennel if you are not careful here it can become VERY invasive! but I love it so much I dont care

Oh Drakemaiden YUMMMMMMMMMM

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow I love fennel -- it always reminds me of wintertime salads when I used to work in Italy. I had never eaten it before & the Italians used to call it "dead men's bones"! :lol:

This is a rather grander recipe which uses both the seed & the vegetable. I want to grow it if I have enough room in my raised beds.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...Perserved Lemon, and Charmoula&saved_to_box=y

Hope you enjoy it. :frow

:rose Hattie :rose