Time To Play...NAME THAT CHICKEN

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Went to the flea market and bought Babygirl 2 more hens. One was a White Leghorn/Buff Orpington cross and the lady said that she believed the other one was a barred rock/? cross. At first glance I had thought she might be a barred rock cross, but now, after looking at her more and closer, I'm not so sure. She has is a beautiful grey (almost bluish grey) color, white feet and has a pink skin flap just behind her waddle (on both sides). You can see it in the pic.
Anyone have a guess as to what she could, possibly, be?

6615_219.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She may have a Barred Plymouth Rock parent...but was crossed with something blue that has white legs.....yellow legs crossed to white legs will produce all white legs..but all of the chicks will carry the yellow legged gene. She is a pretty hen.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
She may have a Barred Plymouth Rock parent...but was crossed with something blue that has white legs.....yellow legs crossed to white legs will produce all white legs..but all of the chicks will carry the yellow legged gene. She is a pretty hen.
Maybe....a Cuckoo Marans/Barred Rock cross?

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She acts like she could "hold her own" in a one on one and she doesn't seem to tolerate being in the smaller cage, as well as most have, either.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Man....I love keeping chickens. Just went out to observe her some more. She, kinda, squatted for a few seconds....fluffed out her feathers...stretched out one of her wings...moved....and there was an egg on the ground. No egg song or sound emitted.

It was a smallish, light brown egg.

Latest posts