Tiny black flies

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know if these are fruit files but there everywhere here.

They invade your food even when you are eating and they're driving me to despair.

Does anyone here know what they are? And how to get rid of them

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
likely fungus gnats, but you'll have to do a search to see if they're actually those or something else. :) getting rid of them depends upon what kind of fly they might be so can't really suggest anything about that until we know what they are other than to see if you can notice where they are coming from and removing or isolating that thing (possibly taking it outside to let the wind, rain, etc. help disperse them).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW is shuffling the "house" plants in and out of the greenhouse these days. She restarted the Broadleaf Thyme (a favorite) and has brought it in already.

In a month or so, fungus gnats will show up from the potting soil from the plants brought indoors. The best remedy that I have found is yellow sticky traps. I thoroughly dislike them. If house plants are supposed to add to the beauty of your home, how is a yellow card, plastered with dead flies in every pot contributing to that? Honestly, I think that DW cannot see the flies well enough to notice more than the yellow card.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DW is shuffling the "house" plants in and out of the greenhouse these days. She restarted the Broadleaf Thyme (a favorite) and has brought it in already.

In a month or so, fungus gnats will show up from the potting soil from the plants brought indoors. The best remedy that I have found is yellow sticky traps. I thoroughly dislike them. If house plants are supposed to add to the beauty of your home, how is a yellow card, plastered with dead flies in every pot contributing to that? Honestly, I think that DW cannot see the flies well enough to notice more than the yellow card.

Steve
I've just thrown my house plants out. The flies are a menace

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My bottle fly trap

20211002_180909.jpg

20211002_180944.jpg

Latest posts