Grow Greens Indoors Under Lights

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
?

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Right? It is unfortunate that this title mirrors that of my thread exactly. But as luck would have it, I have been wishing to change the title of my thread-- and this presents a good reason for doing so. Only thing is I can't figure out how to edit the title of my thread. Does anyone know if it is even possible to change the title of a thread?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's my experience:

If you want to change the title within a few days of posting, you will find the 3 dots with the downward pointing arrow near the right side of the title on page #1. "Edit thread" means "edit title."

@Branching Out , if too many days have past, you won't find the 3 dots/drop down.

Sorry for not seeing this and responding yesterday.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's my experience:

If you want to change the title within a few days of posting, you will find the 3 dots with the downward pointing arrow near the right side of the title on page #1. "Edit thread" means "edit title."

@Branching Out , if too many days have past, you won't find the 3 dots/drop down.

Sorry for not seeing this and responding yesterday.
My thread has been around for a couple of months so that is likely why I am unable to edit it. But good to know for future thread title edits-- much appreciated!

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This little cutie is aTom Thumb butterhead, a lettuce that apparently dates aback to 1830 and is the oldest American variety still in production. I started a bunch of them it indoors in the winter, and this was the only one that survived. It was a sad looking specimen when I planted it out a few months ago, and now it is adorable at about 4" tall. It even weathered our recent heat wave in a hot corner of a raised concrete planter with no sign of wilting or stress. I have a ring of sticks around it to remind me not to harvest it, as I would like to use it for seed. According to Fran Morton, flagging a lettuce for seed production is like the kiss of death as those ones always seem to perish. Let's hope that won't be the case with this one. Lol. Of all of the lettuce I have grown this is the smallest, and I think it will be PERFECT for producing salad greens through the winter. I have another 20 ready to plant out as well, and while the first round of seedlings were a bit of a bust these ones are incredibly vigorous. I am so glad that I did not give up on this little guy, and once I get seeds I will be happy to share!

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_084905408.jpg
    IMG_20230524_084905408.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 66

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This little cutie is aTom Thumb butterhead, a lettuce that apparently dates aback to 1830 and is the oldest American variety still in production. I started a bunch of them it indoors in the winter, and this was the only one that survived. It was a sad looking specimen when I planted it out a few months ago, and now it is adorable at about 4" tall. It even weathered our recent heat wave in a hot corner of a raised concrete planter with no sign of wilting or stress. I have a ring of sticks around it to remind me not to harvest it, as I would like to use it for seed. According to Fran Morton, flagging a lettuce for seed production is like the kiss of death as those ones always seem to perish. Let's hope that won't be the case with this one. Lol. Of all of the lettuce I have grown this is the smallest, and I think it will be PERFECT for producing salad greens through the winter. I have another 20 ready to plant out as well, and while the first round of seedlings were a bit of a bust these ones are incredibly vigorous. I am so glad that I did not give up on this little guy, and once I get seeds I will be happy to share!
Such a lovely little lettuce, I like that one too. Such cute little perfect formations. Texture is so buttery too!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And Don't ask

why the heck

they titled a thread exactly the same, 2 months after yours!

;) (And, yeah, we can't copyright book titles so thread titles ... :))

Latest posts