TN transplant.....

luv2cook

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Me and my family moved to Cookeville, Tenneesee about 6 months ago and LUV it! We moved from Alabama and the summer so far is a lot less humid. After living all over the place (millitary) we hope to call this our permanent home :).......the gardening is great here.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, Luv2cook!

I have a friend in your neck of the woods! :)

If the gardening's great, you have it made! I'm glad that you found us, and hope to see many of your posts in the future! :)

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey luv2cook, fellow Volunteer here. We live in Athens which is about 1 1/2 hours from you. Looking foreward to reading your post.

Nancy

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
rockytopsis said:
Hey luv2cook, fellow Volunteer here. We live in Athens which is about 1 1/2 hours from you. Looking foreward to reading your post.

Nancy
Hey Nancy, we are in Athens, too!! Small world!

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Punkin, I sent you a PM and then found this post. We are about 1/2 mile from McMinn High School. I remembered to click on subscribe to the topic this time LOL.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
rockytopsis said:
Punkin, I sent you a PM and then found this post. We are about 1/2 mile from McMinn High School. I remembered to click on subscribe to the topic this time LOL.
I sent you a PM

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an Army brat and grew up some in KY TN. Clarksville Ft Campbell area. I love TN and still have family there.
BUT did you know there is a super plant nursery near you??? In McMinnville, TN. Called Summer*** something I can't remember exactly-but they have excellent prices, and free shipping for orders of $30 or more-which don't matter to you-your so close. Dang, wish I hadn't left that catalog home today...
Enjoy your beautiful hills and weather.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Punkin I sent you another PM LOL you know we are almost neighbors.

Robbobin, when you find that catalogue let me know the name of that place.

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
luv2cook said:
Me and my family moved to Cookeville, Tenneesee about 6 months ago and LUV it! We moved from Alabama and the summer so far is a lot less humid. After living all over the place (millitary) we hope to call this our permanent home :).......the gardening is great here.
We're about 30 minutes south of you, just south of Sparta and about 30 minutes north of McMinnville.

I transplanted myself in this are back in '87 after growing up in South Jersey (edge of the Pine Barrnes).

Dawn

Latest posts