tomato sandwiches

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me, lightly toasted bread, fresh tomato, and mayonaise. Curious how others make them.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Slice tomatos thick. Put a slice of cheddar or jack cheese on top, brush lightly with olive oil and put them in the broiler on a cookie sheet till cheese melts. Serve on toast with or without mayo. If you want to get adventurous crumble some oregano on the cheese before you put it in the broiler.

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
For me, lightly toasted bread, fresh tomato, and mayonaise. Curious how others make them.
Same here but I don't usually toast them. Best eaten over a kitchen sink.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
elf said:
seedcorn said:
Same here but I don't usually toast them. Best eaten over a kitchen sink.
Ditto, except I toast my bread. And salt and pepper. Definitely gotta eat 'em over the sink! :drool

What I like best about tomato sandwiches is that they are quick and easy on a hot, busy summer's day. Gobble one up and get back to work! :mow

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
sonjab314 said:
Nevermind Seedcorn. I'm headed to Hoodat's :lol:
I got to thinking so I just made some with jalapeno pepper jack. Definite improvement.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mmmm... grilled cheese style. Sour Dough bread stuffed with provolone and thick slices of tomato. Butter the outside and then into a pan over medium heat until brown on both sides.... Then dip in home made tomato basil soup! :D

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I like to get a big fat oxheart tomato and cut it about 2-2 1/2 in thick, salt and pepper, miracle whip, and bread. Followed by another one for dessert. :drool

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sliced thin, each thin layer sprinkled with celtic sea salt, smothered in homemade mayo and wrapped in garden-fresh lettuce leaves. Optional: sprinkle shredded mozzarella in to the top of the "cone".

(I can't do bread)

Latest posts