Tomatosphere

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here's something awesome today. My brother, though totally grounded for skipping detentions at school, has got a cool school project going on in Science class. They're doing the "TomatoSphere" experiment. He's growing tomatoes, 3 of his seeds were on the space station and 3 weren't and they have to grow them and figure out which ones were on the space station by looking for mutations due to radiation. Kind of cool...

http://tomatosphere.org/

so far Kevin has managed to sprout 5 of his 6 tomato seeds and all are doing great, I'm so proud of him.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is amazing to me! "space" tomatos! I wish him luck on the experiment and with detention make-up as well. Grounded and in outer space at the same time. :lol:

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lol I like to say he's the "Smartest dumb kid I know" because he is naturally brilliant, high IQ and incredible photographic memory. This is a kid that has an aptitude for the Sciences and his teachers are saying he could be a doctor, or vet or or or but he just doesn't care that much about school. Oh well, lol because of his inability to do anything he's told he now lives in a room with a mattress and nothing else LOL.

Apparently they may get to bring their Tomato plants home, so I guess I had better put together a small raised bed for him to plant them in.. School ends June 28th so its not that far away.

Latest posts